Friday, November 26, 2010

BLACK... FRIDAY, It's All Madness

Why would anyone get up at 3:30 am to be at Target at 4:00 am, or Walmart or... J.C. Penny's? Why would those companies make their employees show up at 3:45 am? Why aren't the "suits" who set up these sales doing the work themselves?

I'll tell you why... $3.00 toasters! yes.. I said it.. $3.00 TOASTERS!

What do you expect with a $3.00 toaster, how bad does it have to be, how long can a $3.00 toaster last?

Yes, I too, have once participated it the Friday rush (back then the stores opened at 6:00 am), but I have since realized the best stuff is "crap". I once bought each of my kids the "$100.00 stereo at Target for $15.00, neither one lasted 1 year. I also once bought the (sale price) $100.00 recliner (we bought 2 of them actually) and they were both broken within 18 months.

I understand Christmas is coming up and people need to buy gifts, but, 4:00 am. My son works security at a Target (undercover...cool), and he had to be in and ready at 3:45 am. really. I don't know, maybe I am getting old, I just don't understand the need for the 4:00 am thing. Or $3.00 toasters.

Now, I need to go shopping! They have $3.00 Coffee makers too!

I hope all had a great Thanksgiving. I hope, since it was "Thanksgiving"you all found something to give thanks for. I found I always go to the same place as most people. My Wife, my kids (David, Amber and  Mikey), my family and friends, and the fact I am Happy with my life.

"Be careful what you wish, for wishes may come true" -Incredible Mr. Limpet, 1964

No comments:

Post a Comment